• PlaNet Finance is an international non-profit organization (NGO), based in Paris, France.
• Mission: To alleviate poverty through development of microfinance.
• Provides services to microfinance institutions (MFIs).
• Microfinance: provision of financial services e.g. credits to low-income clients
Read more about PlaNet Finance:
• SAP is a world-leading provider of business software, based in Walldorf, Germany.
• Delivers products and services that help accelerate business innovation.
• SAP has customers in more than 120 countries.
• Deep knowledge of business processes.
Read more about SAP:
The shea project in Ghana is the first joint field initiative of the partnership between SAP & PlaNet Finance to create sustainable business models through access to microfinance, education, and information technology. PlaNet Finance and SAP have combined their supply chain and development expertise to create a value chain reinforcement program.
The efforts of both organisations have resulted in a wide range of improvements for rural communities of northern Ghana. StarShea is one of the outcomes of the SAP & PlaNet Finance joint project. The future aim is to create a local cooperative company empowering the women even further. Click here to find out more about this initiative.