Nuts production sales:
• 2012: 200 metric tons (MT)
• 2013: 800 MT
Butter Production Sales:
• Premium-Quality Organic Certified Unrefined and Refined Shea Butter in 2013: 36 MT
• Premium-Quality Fair Trade Certified Unrefined and Refined Shea Butter in 2013: 17 MT
• Premium-Quality Unrefined and Refined Shea Butter in 2012: 62MT and in 2013: 200 MT
Purchase High-Quality Traceable Shea Products in Economic Quantities Directly from Rural Women of Ghana.
Read the StarShea brochure and learn how to buy responsibly and invest in a high-quality 100% natural product.
Do you want to know more about our offer? Do not hesitate to contact us !
Premium Shea Kernels and Pure Shea Butter. Hand-Crafted. Refined or Unrefined.
StarShea specializes in natural, handcrafted shea products comprising premium-quality shea kernels and refined and unrefined shea butter. All StarShea Network members have been trained to select, handle, and process the best shea nuts available. Education and training on conservation of this precious natural resource is provided and encouraged. Our rural women not only profit socially and economically from the StarShea Network, they are also aware of their individual responsibility for the quality of StarShea products.
Our Quality Assurance:
• Samples tested to ensure consistently high-quality kernels: we monitor FFA, Peroxide value, moisture and unsaponifiable matter of our production.
• Nuts and butter traceable to individual women, thanks to a sophisticated ICT system.
• Using traditional handmade processing techniques that preserve all of the product’s therapeutic properties.
• No chemicals are used in the production process.
Different butter and nut qualities are available:
• Pure unrefined shea butter
• Refined butter on demand following client specifications
• Raw nuts
See here the technical specifications of our products for the 2014-2015 campaign.
In 2014-2015, the expected available quantities are:
• For nuts: 2000 metric tons (MT) in 2014, and 3000 MT in 2015
• For butter: 300 MT is expected for 2014
And to be sure to cover all our clients’ needs, part of our production is certified by recognised bodies:
• Fair For Life certification by IMO : Fairtrade Certification
• EU Organic certification by Ecocert
• NOP Organic certification by Ecocert
• ESR Certification by Ecocert: Organic and Fairtrade Certification